Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Wow

I caved and responded to an ex tonight when he IMed. I'm still not sure I believe that people can change but they definitely can surprise you.

The conversation began as anyone would expect and was no shock. But I didn't even give him the pleasure of an argument. He apologized and dropped the topic of conversation. We chatted for a while and started to discuss things in his life. From that I got an entirely spontaneous apology and expression of gratitude regarding the events of our relationship that felt surprisingly genuine. Left me utterly speechless - something that is quite hard to do.

It won't change that our relationship is in the past but I won't go so far as to say that it was too little too late...not just yet. Maybe he deserves another chance...It's just not going to be as my date.

No comments:

Post a Comment