Sunday, March 27, 2005

Footloose

Driving back from Easter dinner the song "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins came on the radio and I was reminded of a funny story...

Several weeks ago I was in the house alone with 3 dogs, packing up my things to return to DC. Packing is something that stresses Norman out A LOT. He's got some severe separation anxiety issues, despite being a 65 lb Boxer. Anyhow, "Footloose" came on the radio and it inspired me to try to cheer up the dog. I danced around the room all goofy (like they do in the movie) and Norman just looked at me like I was crazy. It made me laugh but then I damn near fell down laughing when I picked up his front paws and he danced with me. I let go of his front paws and he put them on my stomach and continued to dance with me on his own...right up until the song ended and I put his paws back on the floor. I was laughing so hard I didn't even care that he had gotten dirt all over my shirt.

I think it made packing less stressful for both of us. Thanks for the dance, Norm (even if your daddy does want to pretend it didn't happen).

No comments:

Post a Comment