Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Kids

I've been in SW Virginia since last Friday...and as much as I'll miss the boytoy - I'm SO outta here! Everytime I visit my conviction against having kids is further solidified. You see, there are three dogs in this house (keep in mind I said dogs, not puppies). Doesn't sound all that bad, right? Wrong. Roommate 1 has the cutest furball mutt you could imagine...only she's allergic to everything and in scratching herself she leaves piles of fur everywhere. That, in combination with the dust in the old, freezing house...not fun for the sinuses. Roommate 2 has the dumbest oaf of a rottweiler that you'll ever meet. I swear, she almost forgets to breathe... But, she's taken to believing I have one of her toys so she jumps and snaps at me. I'm not really afraid of dogs, but I don't take kindly to a 95 lb dog clamping on my elbow either. Once she gets worked up, she just gets too aggressive and doesn't know how to stop (even if you distract her, she comes right back at it). She stole my socks this morning too - they were only 3 ft away from me! Boytoy himself as an extremely high maintenance, hyperactive boxer. He needs attention CONSTANTLY and he is vocal about it. Did I mention the massive separation anxiety? He paced and whined while I took a shower this morning. And then wouldn't even look at me when I was done. He's a trouble maker too (although, very well trained in most respects). Always knocking over the trash, taking things off the counter, hell...he even jumped up and stood at the kitchen counter like a person this morning...while I was making a sandwich on the other counter. Talk about brave. No way would he do that in front of his daddy.
But back to my point...I don't feel the need to have kids when I am reminded by these dogs of the level of attention and patience that are needed. Dogs constantly wrestling, snarling, whining, and pushing their way into everything you do...more than enough for my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment