Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Morning

(or anytime I have been asleep for a while and I have to wake up)

This is the worst time of day for me. I can think of no time of day I hate more than when an alarm goes off or when I come to and realize I'm no longer sleeping. The first light to hit my eyes as they blink open feels like an unwelcome flood of light that refuses to go away.

What's worse is when my room is hot. (This is a common occurrence). You see, one wall is entirely windows - that happen to be flooded by sunlight anytime the sun is shining. Blinds, drapes, sheets, etc...the heat is still trapped in my bedroom. My bedroom is the hottest room in the house - and its entirely possible that it is a literal 80 degrees while there are 5 inches of snow and its 10 degrees outside. (I hate this house). Mornings when I wake up because I'm too hot, you don't want to know me.

At some point during the sleeping process I become Grump-a-saurus. Disturbing me or communicating with me shortly after I wake up is a risk to your life (at times). For the first 30-45 mins I am an agitated, snarling beast that will turn anything you say into something negative. I've been known to bite the head off those who ventured too close and acted without caution. Grump-a-saurus is a highly combative, vicious, easily angered being. Beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment