Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Ghost

There's a ghost in my house and she's not nice. Hopefully she doesn't get pissed off that I'm writing about her. Do ghosts even know things like that? I don't know...but I'm going to hope she can't tell...

I've lived in this condo for about 7 months now and I didn't sense her until a few weeks ago. The first night I saw her she seemed to be scared of me. Since then she has grown to scare the bejesus out of me. I don't know who she is, where she came from, or what she wants. I haven't really stuck around long enough to answer any of those questions. I haven't seen any of her facial features enough to say for certain she is a woman or even how old she is - I can just sense that she's a woman and she strikes me as rather grandmotherly.

When I come down the stairs at night she goes into the living room where it is still dark. When I get my snack from the kitchen and turn the lights off she comes out of the living room and almost chases me up the stairs. I don't think she never comes onto the stairs but then again, I'm booking it to my room at this point. I can't tell if she doesn't want me in the kitchen and is crabby like an old woman who's orders you've disobeyed or if there is something more sinister going on. She seems to get more aggressive every time I see her. I don't know if I believe ghosts can hurt people but I don't really want to find out.

Very few women have lived in this house so I don't think she died here. None of the objects in our living room are new additions except for those purchased new. The only thing I can tie her to is a bouquet of silk flowers I had in San Diego. They used to sit on my dining room table there and now are on my mantle above the fireplace. In San Diego there were a group of ghosts that used to talk in my dining room area. They never bothered me or acted toward me in anyway. I'm not sure if she is one of them or what has made her so upset.

In any case, I'm freaked the hell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment