Sunday, March 06, 2005

Guinness

Today has been a good day...and I owe it all to Guinness. (Ok, maybe not entirely to Guinness...but keep listening anyway)
I went out for lunch today with a friend. Its been several months since I've seen him and we don't really talk much. We met in an attempt to be roommates but that just didn't work out. We've tried to keep in touch but we've done a poor job. Since we sometimes don't have much to talk about, he brought one of his friends from work. But back to the story...
On an average day, I'm not much of a beer girl. Today was different. We hit the Irish pub down the street and I ordered a Guinness. Its the only place in town that serves it at the right temperature and can pour it right. In short, 3 pints later I walked out of the bar feeling less alone in this big city.
The new addition is a fellow conservative, doesn't feel like she fits in on the East Coast (she's midwestern), likes to go to the range, and didn't say a single stuck up thing the whole afternoon. She's funny and chatty. I like her. :o)
Leave it to Guinness to bring people together

No comments:

Post a Comment