Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Trouble With Blogs

Since people (SWG and Acidman) are on a kick about blogging and the rights of employers I will take the opportunity to think out loud on my situation. Some know of (some have read about) my situation with the university administration - The Director of my graduate program 'found' my old blog and has been chastizing me (read: threatening me) for comments I made expressing my displeasure with him. I have not yet fully reacted to him and I'm still weighing my options. I'd rather react with purpose than in a way that I regret or that could be used against me later.
My old blog (and the new one as well) are done on my time, using my resources, and have no affiliation with the university whatsoever. I do not work for the university nor did I advertise/promote the site. It was a site for friends to read, nothing more. I was a member of a blogring about the university but that was the extent of the connection to the university.
As far as I'm concerned, I was completely in my rights to make the comments (and more if I feel like it). He sees things differently. If he takes it any farther, anyone know an in to a new source to get the university 'noticed'?
Grrr...I hate when people overstep their bounds!

1 comment:

  1. yeah, that's why I don't say anything about people I work with. I'm too easy to find :) Not that I have anything bad to say, though. I'm too happy to be on my way out the door :)

    ReplyDelete