Tuesday, March 29, 2005

My Dream Man

Ronald Reagan

He has to be one of the most romantic men to have ever lived. I cried the day he died and I will always have a soft spot for him. There was something so magical about the way he loved Nancy so openly and so deeply. Colin Powell wrote in his book that Reagan's personality would change if he spent too many days away from Nancy. How many men can you say are like that? None that I've met. Most men are too embarrassed about how silly they'll look or what people might think. Reagan wasn't like that. Most men are too macho or stiff to let people know how much they need a woman. Everyone near Reagan knew what Nancy meant to him. If more people shared a love like theirs, there wouldn't be so many divorces.

If only I should be so lucky... but I doubt it. Because as it was put to me, "I bet she didn't jump his shit."

The 'Amalfi Valentine' from their relationship will be put on display at the Reagan Library later next month. I'd love to go see it sometime. Maybe on a trip to see the parents...

May you be sleeping peacefully, Mr. President

"Heaven knows what I might do if I had a cowboy like you, Oh Buckaroo..." -- LeeAnn Womack

No comments:

Post a Comment